|The heart with a mind of its own.(Be present.)||The mind with a heart of its own.(It's past.)||The dream that is your waking life.(Go there now.)|
51. I am an insomniac and I have been since I was about five years old. I remember once my mother must have commented to my grandmother about it and so my grandma asked me why I didn't sleep at night. I couldn't think of anything else to tell her so I told her that when I closed my eyes, I saw snakes. She told me I should pray. Right. Prayer against snake hallucinations. It works, too.
52. One of my favorite foods growing up was this strange mixture of beef tongue and beef heart that my mother used to make. She didn't used to skin the tongue, just cube it, and so you'd have to bite the flesh off this big piece of tongue skin. The textures of that mixture were amazing.
53. My first grade teacher was named Cindy Sanders. I loved her with all my heart. She was fabulous.
54. I skipped a couple of grades in elementary school and I'm still in recovery over it. I was always years younger than my classmates and felt so out of place so much of the time.
55. My husband and I have been together since I was 14 and he was 15. We broke up for a couple of years when we were in our twenties. I started dating another guy then. In fact, we were living together when my husband moved back in. The three of us lived together for a while.
56. The first movie I ever saw was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Or, at least it's the first movie I ever remember seeing. It scared me then.
57. I have never seen Bambi.