|The heart with a mind of its own.(Be present.)||The mind with a heart of its own.(It's past.)||The dream that is your waking life.(Go there now.)|
25 through 50
26. I like to lay in bed all day and read.
27. Gabriel Garcia-Marquez is my favorite writer.
28. I sleep on a futon that I never turn and it is all squished flat, but still very comfortable.
29. I love to use fountain pens, though I haven't used one in a long while.
30. I am not a creature of habit. Routines make me crazy. I think this is one of my greatest shortcomings.
31. My earliest memory is of being punched in the face by my younger brother. It left me with a fat lip and an indelible memory.
32. I like the smell of pine trees.
33. I was a girl scout for many, many years. I hated selling cookies. Hated it. Even now, I cringe whenever I see scouts selling cookies. I was never any good at it.
34. My mother was a respiratory therapist when I was growing up.
35. My father was a baker.
36. My first real job--the job which I had to use to support myself--was as a waitress. I got the job when my best friend committed suicide and they needed someone to take his place. I was terrible at it. I hated it. Then, I did it for another ten years.
37. I give terrible directions. I can't tell north from south from east from west.
38. I like to read. It is the reason I exist some days. I have a houseful of books and a bed full of books and a head full of books.
39. I hate shopping.
40. I learned to swim about four years ago, but I never get to do it. I wish I could swim more often.
41. I like cottage cheese and peaches. Fresh peaches, diced up and mixed in.
42. I grew up in a yard that had a quince tree. Quince trees are very strange things, but I love the smell of rotting quince now because of it.
43. I alluded to my best friend having committed suicide. That was sixteen or seventeen years ago. His name was Robert. I still miss him and still dream of him.
44. My favorite color is green. Green like envy. Green like money.
45. I will end my life voluntarily. I have known this since I was about eight years old.
46. My biggest fear is that I will never get anywhere in life.
47. I suffer from depression (can you tell just by reading this?). I take Zoloft, but mostly that just takes away all of my feelings. It doesn't actually do anything about depression. It just makes you not care about anything.
48. I hate cinnamon.
49. And licorice.
50. And celery.