|The heart with a mind of its own.(Be present.)||The mind with a heart of its own.(It's past.)||The dream that is your waking life.(Go there now.)|
Fri (career) day Five
Friday Five (.org)
Answer the following five questions in your own weblog. Make sure you leave a comment here with a link to your post or just leave your answers in this post's comments section.
1. What is your current occupation? Is this what you chose to be doing at this point in your life? Why or why not?
Currently I am a full-time student and a research scientist in a lab. I'm biding my time until medical school and dr.-hood.
2. If time/talent/money were no object, what would your dream occupation be?
I'd be exactly what I'm going to be: a forensic pathologist.
3. What did/do your parents do for a living? Has this had any influence on your career choices?
My mother was a respiratory therapist when I was growing up, now she's an administrator for a home healthcare facility. My father was a baker. My mother's medical background had some influence on my choice, but not to the extent that my hero, Bernard Spilsbury has had.
4. Have you ever had to choose between having a career and having a family?
I think all smart women have to face that choice.
5. In your opinion, what is the easiest job in the world? What is the hardest? Why?
I would hate to be a busboy. I would hate to be president. Easiest? I don't know.