|The heart with a mind of its own.(Be present.)||The mind with a heart of its own.(It's past.)||The dream that is your waking life.(Go there now.)|
Subtext: A Friday Five Special
Answer the following five questions in your own weblog. Make sure you leave a comment here with a link to your post or just leave your answers in this post's comments section.
1. What is your lineage? Where are your ancestors from?
I am hispanic, my ancestors from Spain and Mexico. Like everyone else in America, I attempt also to lay some claim to an American Indian ancestor. (Although unlike many, my claim has some basis in fact).
2. Of those countries, which would you most like to visit?
I've been to Mexico, but never to Spain, a place which I have little interest in visiting.
3. Which would you least like to visit? Why?
I don't have a reason for not wanting to visit Spain, only that I don't consider it to be my motherland or anything and there are other places I'd sooner see.
4. Do you do anything during the year to celebrate or recognize your heritage?
Living in New Mexico, everyday is a celebration of my heritage from the traditional foods that I eat constantly to the luminarias at Christmas to the Day of the Dead altar I have every year to the Spanish that I hear spoken almost every day.
5. Who were the first ancestors to move to your present country (parents, grandparents, etc)?
My mother claims that we are decended from a man who captained one of Columbus's ships to America. I personally believe that we are descended from the conquistadores who came here to find God or gold a few hundred years before the Mayflower.