|The heart with a mind of its own.(Be present.)||The mind with a heart of its own.(It's past.)||The dream that is your waking life.(Go there now.)|
Is it any wonder I reject you first? Fame Fame Fame Fame Fame
Friday Five (smattering.org)
1. If you could eat dinner with and "get to know" one famous person (living or dead), who would you choose?
2. Has the death of a famous person ever had an effect on you? Who was it and how did you feel?
I remember when Elvis died. My grandmother called the house as though it were an emergency, so my mother and I went over (we lived about a block away). When we came in, my grandmother tearfully told us that Elvis had died. I also remember John Lennon's death, which made me very sad.
3. If you could BE a famous person for 24 hours, who would you choose?
I would choose Shirley Temple, at the height of her fame in the 1930's.
4. Do people ever tell you that you look like someone famous? Who?
People used to tell me that I looked like Kathy Bates because we're both fat, and I used to have the haircut she had in that Stephen King movie.
5. Have you ever met anyone famous?
I once met Emo Phillips when I was working as a waitress at the International House of Pancakes. He had a chef salad minus the meat, with ranch dressing and water. He said he'd set us all up with free tickets to his show, but then didn't.